Mince Beef Quiche (Crust less)
300g minced beef
1 medium onion, diced
1 tablespoon oil
2 tablespoons tomato pizza sauce
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon dried oregano
¼ teaspoon ground pepper
½ cup of milk
½ cup of full fat mayonnaise
2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1) Preheat the oven to 190°C. Lightly grease a flan dish with butter, then sprinkle all over with bread crumbs.
2) Heat the oil in a frying pan. Cook the mince beef and onion until the beef is browned and the onion is soft, remove from the heat.
3) Stir in the pizza sauce, salt, oregano and pepper.
4) In a bowl beat the eggs, milk and mayonnaise together then stir into the meat mixture. Fold in the cheeses.
5) Bake, uncovered, at 190°C for 30 - 40 minutes or until it is golden and puffed in the centre.
6) Rest for 5 minutes before cutting.
I used Hellmann's original mayonnaise, Asda's Tomato and Herb pizza topper sauce. I cooked it in a 27cm glass pyrex flan dish, didn't use any breadcrumbs and forgot to grease the dish but it still came out perfectly and didn't stick at all.